Multi-disciplinary biodosimetric tools to manage high scale radiological casualties
Operational Guidance for radiation emergency response organisations
WHO’s global network of biodosimetry laboratories:
The WHO’s Radiation Emergency Medical Preparedness and Assistance Network
IAEA`s Response and Assistance:
- Cytogenetic Dosimetry: Applications in Preparedness for and Response to Radiation Emergencies (english)
- Cytogenetic Dosimetry: Applications in Preparedness for and Response to Radiation Emergencies – Training Materials
The International Association of Biological and EPR Radiation Dosimetry (
The objective of EURADOS is to advance the scientific understanding and the technical development of the dosimetry of ionising radiation in the fields of radiation protection, radiobiology, radiation therapy and medical diagnosis by the stimulation of collaboration between European laboratories, specially those of the European Communities.
RENEB has close exchange and cooperation with EURADOS WG10 “Retrospective dosimetry” , e.g. joint intercomparisons and teaching activities.
- Radiological protection — Performance criteria for service laboratories performing biological dosimetry by cytogenetics
- Radiation protection — Performance criteria for laboratories performing cytogenetic triage for assessment of mass casualties in radiological or nuclear emergencies — General principles and application to dicentric assay
- Radiological protection — Performance criteria for laboratories using the cytokinesis block micronucleus (CBMN) assay in peripheral blood lymphocytes for biological dosimetry
- Radiological protection – Performance criteria for laboratories using fluorescence in Situ Hybridization (FISH) translocation assay for assessment of overexposure to ionizing radiation
- Radiological protection — Minimum criteria for electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) spectroscopy for retrospective dosimetry of ionizing radiation — Part 1: General principles